Bristol Bristol UK|
Welcome to Thistledown, she is a 38ft Dutch Barge originally built by Tjalk (1930) She has been fully restored with a bright modern luxury internal finish, whilst preserving her original external form.
Currently moored in Bristol docks, Thistledown’s design provides everything for a couple looking for a small home or weekends or weeks away from it all.
The boat has a new BSS safety certificate together with a new hull survey, both of which were renewed just 5 weeks ago.
The hull has been blacked with 3 coats of bitumen and has had new anodes fitted.
She benefits from:
• A newly fitted 400 litre fresh water tank and water pump
• 4 new fire extinguishers fitted.
• New diesel warm air heater fitted.
• A full-size double bed with recessed shelves and lots of lighting options.
• Automatic ceiling fan which will both extract air and bring air in for those hot summer evenings.
• Hanging space immediately after the base of the bed with a further 3 touch-sensitive lights.
• A new shower with hot and cold water with a new gulper wastewater pump fitted, electric toilet and sink with hot and cold pumped water.
• A newly fitted kitchen with leather handles and plenty of cupboard space.
• Panoramic windows giving plenty of natural light
• On-demand gas water heater 16Litres per minute.
• A new 4 ring gas cooker with oven and grill
• A full-size 12-volt fridge with freezer drawer.
• Stainless steel sink and drainer with hot and cold pumped water
• Oak countertop the full length of the galley.
• A nicely thought out Seating and table area which I have used to work from and eat my meals from.
• The electrical system throughout the boat has all been renewed.
• She is mainly powered by 2 solar panels mounted on the roof of the wheelhouse. This powers the lighting, fridge, mobile devices and computer’s etc. The solar power passes through a controller and in turn, charges the battery bank, all of which is new.
• She also has a 5KW battery inverter that changes 12 volts into 240volts when needed.
• Moving into the wheelhouse and engine room. Steering can be done either in the wheelhouse or in the great outdoors via the tiller, the choice is yours.
• Sliding Teak doors give access to both sides of the wheelhouse
• Double bedroom at the stern with 2 windows, 2 portholes, and plenty of shelf space.
• Outside there is plenty of deck space for laying out in the sun and enjoying the countryside as it passes by.
• The stern deck has hardwood seating in addition to a table and chairs.
Thistledown is a fine example of a Tjalk, she is a real head turner and you will have a constant flow of compliments as you drift lazily down the river and canal systems of the UK.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for an early viewing.
|Vessel type:||Dutch Barge/narrow boat|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Engine model:||Mercedes OM 636 1.8 diesel|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||38'|
|Hull type:||Full dispalcement|
|Hull colour:||white, Blue and black|
|Dry Weight:||6 metric tons|
|Fuel capacity:||80 Litres|
|Water capacity:||400 Litres|
Thistledown is of steel construction.
Mercedes ) OM636 1.8 litre Diesel. The engine is easily accessible and set in the wheelhouse.
The wheelhouse is where she can be controlled from as well as on the stern deck.
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.